Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Simple Puppet

I was looking for a pattern to sew a felt hand puppet and came across this page. What a time saver. I found several puppets that looked good but I settled on the Super Easy People puppet. It's a free pattern from PuppetsForMinistry.com.

As you can see from the photo above, this puppet is too cute. And it was extremely simple to make. I didn't feel like sewing the body together, then sewing the hair pieces together, then sewing the hair to the head. So instead I just layered all of the pieces and sewed everything together at one time.

I made a little dress out of felt and hot glued it onto the body of the puppet. And I added eyes and a smile with fabric paint.

Here's the back.


I've named her Cocoa. Cocoa will help me teach some of the bible lessons from a wonderful curriculum that I ordered from Little Blessings Bible Lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment