Thursday, August 5, 2010

Duct Tape Christmas Tree Ornaments

****Update 12/5/07**** Here's a tutorial for making this ornament.

I wanted to make some inexpensive but durable Christmas crafts. So, I went to Walmart and bought 1 roll of red and 1 roll of green duct tape. The rolls are in the paint section and at my store they cost $2.74 per roll. Before going to the store I had done several Google searches but didn't find anything for duct tape Christmas ornaments. But I figured I'd just experiment and hopefully come up with something presentable.

Here is my first attempt at making a tree ornament.

And here is one that I decorated with glitter glue.
The tree trunk is brown felt that hot glued onto a sheet of grey duct tape. I also hot glued some elastic where I planned for the top of the ornament to be before covering the sheet with a couple of strips of green tape.

This is what the back looks like.
I also made some for the children. And during school time this week I'll help them decorate them with glitter glue as well.

I didn't have my camera at the time that I was making these ornaments. But I'm also planning to make a green and red striped candy cane ornament. And hopefully I'll be able to take step by step pics of that.
Overall, I like how the ornaments turned out. Now I'm brainstorming for other Christmas decoration possibilities with duct tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment