Friday, February 17, 2012

Homemade Craft Supplies for the Children

I have spent a lot of time on Pinterest over the past few days. One of the boards that I have focusing on is the one titled Homemade Fun for the Children. I could go on forever adding pins to it. But at some point, I actually need to start making some of the items that I have found.

So, that is what the children and I will be focusing on next week. By the end of the week I want to have the majority of our homemade crating supplies/materials made. So, this is my plan of action to help us (hopefully) be as productive as possible.

We'll Start with Dye

                                                                               

We will spend Monday making everything that involves food coloring, except paint. That means we'll dye pasta and rice. And we'll make the fun dough. We'll also make the modeling clay since we'll already have the flour out.

Liquid Tuesday

Source: food.com on Pinterest
                                                                                 

We'll make the paints on the second day. We're only making 3 types, so that may not take that long.

Weave It Wednesday

                                                                 

We'll make the looms on this day. I'm thinking that each of the younger children should get his/her own looms.

Beads Galore

                                                                                   

Beads seem like they will be a bit time consuming. But hey, there's always time for art, right? So, we'll make as many beads as we care to on Thursday.

And that's the plan. By the end of the week we should be set for awhile with our homemade craft materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment