Saturday, February 18, 2012

Sewing Sites Like Ravelry

I'm pretty sure that I have been a member of Ravelry.com for a couple of years now. It's a great site for crocheters and knitters. It allows you to keep track of your projects and your stash. You also can find patterns for sale or for free. And there is a very active forum where you can connect with other avid yarn lovers. You can find local crochet groups or just connect with others online.

Sewing Sites Like Ravelry.com

Well, I sew and do a few other crafts as well. And being on Ravelry today got me to wondering if there was a sewing site similar to Ravelry.com. I was thrilled when I came across MySewingCircle.com. Carrie, the owner of the site, said that she was looking for a site like Ravelry and couldn't find one. So, she and her husband created one! Gotta love that.


I think they did a great job of capturing the things that make Ravelry so great. As far as I can tell, the site has all of the same features. But there are not nearly as many members, though. My Sewing Circle has only been around since February of 2010. I'm hoping that's part of the reason why it's not full of people yet.

So, I wanted to get the word out to other sewers who wanted a site like Ravelry. I just signed up there and looked at a few of the projects. The site definitely has a lot of potential. You can find me under username craftingwithcookie.



Another sewing site that is similar to Ravelry is SeamedUp.com. Currently the site is in the beta phase. But it looks great already. Again, the set up is very similar to you-know-who.

Seamed Up looks like it has a lot more current activity on it from users and the owner. So, that's a good sign. Maybe this site will take off and become a great place for the sewing community to meet. I'm craftingwithcookie there as well.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks! Exactly the info I was Googling :) Sadly, it looks like SeamedUp has packed up. They are recommending ThreadBias.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Threadshare. I'm looking for support to keep the dream alive! :)
    www.threadshare.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seamed Up! closed a long time ago... and Thread Bias is gone too as of last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skeptical about love and love affairs via the Internet I just couldn’t take my eyes of a woman I saw on one of the SofiaDate posts in social networks. Then I decided that lady will be mine. I registered very quickly, applied filters necessary and received dozens of suggested matches (including her). Effective, effortless, and astonishing. What else demand from life? Now we are chatting every day and life doesn’t so dull as it was. ukraine dating

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really surprised by the quality of your constant posts.You really are a genius, I feel blessed to be a regular reader of such a blog Thanks so much..Plz Visit My Blog-
    Onlinekaj.com
    Mobile-price-bd.com
    Redmi Note 8 Price in Bangladesh

    ReplyDelete