Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm So Happy with the Peasant Blouse I Made

I gave the peasant blouse tutorial a try and I am so happy with how my blouse turned out. My husband photographed the finished top for me. I think that the main reason why the top looks so great is because of the wonderful fabric that I bought on clearance from Fabric.com. The shape of the peasant blouse is a bit boxy. But once I added a belt that I'd crocheted awhile back the top looked really flattering on me.
swirly peasant blouse


The Tutorial
I could not have asked for an easier tutorial. It is full of pics and really does a great job of taking you through the whole process, step by step. I followed the directions and did not make any adjustments at all since this was my first time drafting a pattern for a blouse. But I've already begun a second top with some slight alterations to give that blouse a completely different look than this one.

Also, the suggested variations found at the end of the tutorial were a great bonus. That's what gave me the idea to tie a belt just underneath the bust area.

Difficulty Level
I consider myself to be an intermediate sewer. I learned how to sew over 20 years ago. But I just recently picked the hobby back up after not sewing for over a decade. I found this top extremely easy to complete. It only took a few hours from start to finish and I did not have to do any guesswork with the directions, like I have to with some free online tutorials.

No comments:

Post a Comment